RF4158 is a frequency synthesizer consisting of a digital frequency discriminator, a precision charge pump, and a programmable reference divider with a maximum operating frequency of 8 GHz.
The product has both integer divider and fractional divider functions, is powered by a 3.3V power supply, and can be FSK and PSK modulated.
Various types of FM continuous waves such as sawtooth, triangle and parabolic waves can be generated as needed. FSK and PSK modulation can also be implemented. All internal registers can be manually configured via a three-wire serial interface.
- RF operating frequency: 800MHz~8GHz
-PFD maximum frequency: up to 100MHz
- Normalized phase noise floor: -203.9dBc/Hz
- 2.7V to 3.45V single power supply
- Programmable charge pump current
- FM continuous wave ramp with 2 different scan rates
- With ramp delay, interrupt and other functions
- Modulation to generate sawtooth, triangle, trapezoidal and parabolic waveforms
- FSK and PSK capability
- Digital lock detection, 3-wire serial interface
- ESD performance: 2KV HBM, 1KV CDM
Communication testing equipment
Communication infrastructure, etc.
RF operating frequency Hz
PFD maximum frequency
Normalized phase noise floor
2.7V ~ 3.45V
-40 ~ 125 ℃
FMCW Radar Systems
In FMCW radar systems, RF4158 is used to generate the sawtooth or delta ramps necessary for this type of radar. In the past, the PLL was driven directly by a direct digital frequency synthesizer (DDS) to generate the required type of waveform. Costs are reduced as the DDS is no longer used in the waveform generation mechanism implemented on RF4158. The PLL solution is superior to another method of generating FMCW ramps (VCO directly driven by DAC), which requires compensation for the non-linearity of the VCO tuning characteristics. The PLL method provides a highly linear ramp without calibration.